All proceeds will be donated to Western States Trail Foundation
Ride & Tie: 21, 12, & 9 Mile Courses
Equathon: 12-Ride/9-Run OR 9-Ride/9-Run
WHERE: Olmstead Staging Area, Cool, CA. This course is on the Beautiful Olmstead Knickerbocker trail that includes views of Sierra Nevada. Trail varies from single track to fire road, mostly rolling with varied climbs - ranging in difficulty from easy to difficult.
DIRECTIONS: From Sacramento I-80 going East: in Auburn, take Elm Exit, Turn L at stop light, one block, L on High St (hwy 49). Follow signs to Cool (6 mi). Right, St. Florain Ct. Olmstead Staging Area is behind the Fire Station.
CAMPING and PARKING: Olmstead Staging Area. As of now, no tent is camping allowed so you’ll need to sleep in your trailer. This may change so feel free to check in with us at a later time regarding tents. State park charges $25.00 for Friday and Saturday night. Day use $10 or display Poppy Pass (Annual state park pass). No cars in Equine staging area! We are in the process of negotiating the overnight fee.
CHECK IN: Friday – arrive anytime. Check in starts at 4 pm. Vetting – Friday: when vet arrives, usually around 5-6pm PM, Saturday morning starting at 6:00AM
POTLUCK and SOCIAL: Friday night at 6:30pm. Bring your favorite dish!
STARTING TIMES: Ride Mtg: 7:00 am. Starting Times: 7:15am & 7:30am
CREW: All vet checks are at race camp, Olmstead Staging Area
LUNCH/AWARDS: After races. Approx. 1 pm, Lunch ticket for fabulous personal pizza or sandwich, salad and drink at American River Pizza & Grill. Lots of prizes for all participate.
RAIN? The County Parks Department requires that we cancel the ride if it rains. It is your responsibility to see if the ride is on. Please text Sue Smyth the Friday before the ride - we usually make a decision that morning if the weather has been questionable. These trails stay stable at this time of year even with some recent rainfall.
- Olmstead staging area has a day fee of $10 per day or state park pass displayed, be sure to pay or risk getting a ticket. You do not need to pay this if you pay the camping fee; the day fee is for those who only come for the day. Camping is additional charge.
- Please clean up your camp - All manure and hay must be bagged and taken home with you. We will provide bags.
- All dogs must be leashed – the park rangers usually cruise by and check!
- This ride is property that is open to the public. You may see hikers, bikers, riders, dog walkers, etc! Please be courteous to other users – if the Park receives complaints, we won’t be able to come back
- Horses are unpredictable and helmets are recommended.