Tevis Cup Ride Start
Robie Equestrian Park is made available for use by the Tevis Ride by the Wendell & Inez Robie Foundation. There is a per-horse fee charged for using the park, which is covered as part of the Tevis entry fee.
Visitors to the park during Tevis Weekend are asked to clean up their campsites before leaving by thoroughly spreading horse manure and bagging trash for pickup by Ride volunteers. Please be especially careful not to overfill trash bags.
Layout of Robie Equestrian Park
- From I-80, east of Truckee, take HWY 267 (Exit #188) toward Kings Beach/Lake Tahoe.
- Follow HWY 267 for about 8.5 miles to the top of Brockway Summit.
- Turn RIGHT onto Mt. Watson Road. Stay on Mt Watson Rd., which is paved but narrow. Go slow and watch out for opposing traffic.
- At 6 miles you will see a sign pointing left to Watson Lake, but continue straight ahead on Mt. Watson Road for another 1/4 mile.
- Make a very sharp RIGHT onto the gravel road, Forest Service Road 06. (There may not be a sign at the intersection, but on Ride weekend there will be yellow ribbons.)
- Follow Road 06 for 3 miles (easy down hill) to Robie Equestrian Park.